||This is a slick kit for which you must buy the matching all aluminium case to go with it (as all the holes are pre tapped etc making what could be a very tedious job quite straight forward). Assembly is easy, although the spacers to the face plate may require some tuning to avoid the faceplate buttons sticking. (Hardware I think is ordered seperately)
Sound quality wise no complaints. Attenuates from 99dB to 0 so should work with all amplifiers of varying sensitivities. The 6H30 preamp coupled to this throws a deep and wide soundstage.
Beefs? A few minor ones:
* Relay clicking noise is too loud
* Volume ramp rate is too slow, even though it steps into a faster rate after pressing the button a few seconds continuously
* Remote power turn on would have been good to add
* Dimming of the display would have been good to have
* Blue display is difficult to read when daylight is falling on it
* Can't change the 88dB default nor the input 2 default switch on
Otherwise is an affordable and generally well made and designed product.
Rating: [4 of 5 Stars!]