WBT-0710 Ag (4pcs/pack)
Surface protection through nickel-free gold plating
- Signal conductor made of pure copper*
- Free from eddy current effects
- No problems with mass storage
- CE and IEC compliant
- Max. constant current 30 A, admissible peak current 200 A
nextgen™ – a new generation of connectors made by WBT2
Virtues of WBT plugs and terminals:
1. undistorted and low-loss transmission of current and
2. the plug body and the mechanics are solid, reliable und secure (isolated).
The conventional “classic” connectors are almost always made of brass or brass sheet. They certainly fulfill their tasks, however not precisely enough.
− The massive connector body works unavoidably as a mass storage,
i.e. it creates a kind of “capacitor effect” and
− the greater and heavier the terminal, the greater the eddy current.
Both problems create clearly audible distortions of a non-linear kind and are as is generally known non-correctable. Those who attach great importance to “high-end” will have to deal with solving this problem.
This is why WBT nextgen™ is different: Whereas brass is – independently of its copper rate – first of all an all-purpose material performing ordinary functions, nextgen™ is composed of only functional materials:
1. For current/signal transmission a pure, soft copper is used – material which is excellent not only in electrical conducting, but can also be exactly dosed with the right production process. The metal mass could be reduced by approx. 90%, however with the disadvantage of mechanical stability.
But there is also the power of the hybrid construction.
2. The injection molding with high tech plastic generates not only a plug body with its mechanics, but also stability of the “soft” signal conductors in a hybrid composition of highly specialized functional materials.
The result of the innovative construction is just the ideal connector with considerably audible3 sound improvement: WBT nextgen™
The smart design of the signal conductor enables a secure termination of cable ends, banana plugs and crimped cable ends.
Soldering lugs which can be bent by hand if necessary. WBT recommends application of the silver solder WBT-0800/0805 which is gentle to the precious surfaces.
Mounting insulators are included to ensure not only insulated, but also torsion-resistant mounting and polarity identification of the terminals. In case of hi-fi devices being strongly exposed to impact sound such as loudspeakers it is recommended to use an additional nut locking aid which is the fluid screw retention LOCTITE 4804. It is matched with WBT high tech plastics, and it is removable. Besides, WBT recommends using the impact sound interrupter WBT-0718.
1 WBT-0710 is also available in silver
2 nextgen™ is WBT´s development and is international patent pending
3 For avoiding any misunderstandings: sound improvement through the nextgen™ principle comes into being by omitting signal distortions (mass storage/eddy current) which are generated by the most conventional connectors.
4 LOCTITE is a brand name of Henkel AG & Co. KGaA.
Hint for equipment manufacturers
Due to the valid safety regulations the 4mm banana holes of WBT pole terminals
being used in the field of audio/video within the EU territory have to be closed with the safety stick WBT-0799